Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Time and Fun Times in Pittsburgh

Zac and I have had an amazing week this week. I started my job and I am so optimistic about my future there at AE.
Thursday night we went to a KT Tunstall solo show in a convert music hall that was formally a church, you can imange the acoustics there were amazing. Her solo show consisted of her, her guitar or piano, and a loop machine. I am a huge fan of KT's music and she is so fun and witty everytime I see her in concert. You should remember her from her hit in 2006ish with Black Horse and Cherry Tree, but since then she has mainly stayed on the independent music scene. Here is a clip of that song from the show.

Saturday was a rainy spring day, so we ventured out to the suburbs to price shop IKEA furniture and to find some home decoration inspiration. We were able to leave with only purchasing a coke. However I was very temped to buy a small lamp and a plan for my work desk. That evening the weather cleared up, so we walked to neighborhood Mexican restaurant for some "happy food and margaritas."
Sunday we took a bike tour of the city between our new home and our new work. Spring is definitely blowing in, and I literally mean "blowing in." It was quite a windy day! But the sun was out and everything is starting to bloom. It am so exciting and I can't wait to move in and settle in here!
On the Hot Metal Bridge with the city in the background
Over my shoulder is the AE Corporate office, notice the huge metal eagle on the side of the building.

No comments: