Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend Project: Blue Woven with Chenille

Zac has this beautiful antique dining room table and chairs that he inherited from his grandmother. Well, all was beautiful except for the seat cushions. So I set out to find a new fabric to update our dining room piece. I found this beautiful woven fabric that was light blue and infused with mocha brown chenille yarns. The fabric's shade of blue was a perfect match to our everyday dishes and the brown chenille complimented the finish on the wooden chairs.
Immediately when I began this project I realized that these seats have been updated twice before me. I revealed fabric that probably has been covered for 40 years, or more. 


Dining room chair in the original form.

The finished result, featuring our matching dishes.
The residual was used for throw pillows for the living room, which is a open floor plan to the dining area. I was only able to complete two of the four pillows since I only had enough piping to trim half of the job. I have some more exciting ideas of what I can do to add to our pillow collection, but that will have to wait for another weekend!

No comments: