Sunday, April 27, 2008

Off to the Races


I never realized how much I have to prepare for vacations. Three weeks ago I started planning a trip the the Kentucky Derby. This is my first time to the Derby and I never realized how difficult it is to get you affairs in order. Aside from securing tickets and a place to stay I have been at the mall. I hate shopping (which is ironic given my career choice in retail buying). I have spent 2 weeks looking for the perfect dress and hat, and once they were finally found I realized that I needed the prefect bag and shoes to go with it. One thing that I learned from all this was that hats are expensive and finding white shoes is nearly impossible. But now I am finally ready! I am so exited for next week's trip. I'm also pumped for the new blog material that I will have.
Sadly, I have not been doing that well with up keeping my blog. I know its true, and a few of my friends have brought it to my attention as well. Bare with me, I'm new to this and also, I can be flaky at times.
One of the reasons that made me realized that I'm flaky is that I have been in Nashville for over a year and a half and I choose to miss out on all the fun things that this city has to offer. However this weekend I did go see the annual Music City Marathon for the first time. Oddly enough watching people run by can be quite exciting. When you are near the finish line you can see them perk up and finish strong, you just can't help but feel happy and excited for these strangers. The reason I decided to go was to cheer my boyfriend on. Now that he realized that I enjoyed watching the race so much that he wants me to run with him next year. Geeze! IF I decide to run I am going to need the full year to train. I don't remember the last time a ran a full mile and I don't know if I have the confidence to run 13! I guess we will have to find out.

No comments: