Saturday, May 4, 2013

Moving to Canada, eh?!

Today marks our 2nd full week as Canadian immigrants. If you told me 3 years ago, while I was living in Nashville that I would be moving from Pittsburgh to Vancouver I probably would have had a panic attack. But we have been blessed with a wonderful job relocation opportunity to move in one of the most beautiful areas in the world.
How did this happen all happen? Well, let me summarize:
Zac was scouted out by a fitness and yoga apparel company, perhaps you have hear of them, Lululemon. At that time we were looking for a opportunity to move to the Pacific Northwest region and to work with a lifestyle retailer and Lululemon fit the bill.
Leaving Pittsburgh was a hard decision to make. We has dear friends and neighbors who we could barely tear ourselves away from and a beautiful home that we were making our own. Sometime there are sacrifices to make in pursuing dreams and goals.
Since we have left Pittsburgh we have been blessed with rewards and immense good luck.
1) Zac has started his new job and loves it already
2) We were able to sell our Pittsburgh home in less than 2 weeks for a profit.
3) We have found a new apartment to rent here in Vancouver that is blocks away from work, the beach, and several other great features.
4) I have received not one but TWO job offers from two great companies. Both of which want me to start on Monday, so my day's as a housewife are soon over.

Hopefully in the next few days I will share with you all of the fun experiences in our travels here and while we explore our new home.
Until then, here are some teasers pictures.
Sunset Beach, at sunset of course
Hiking in Capilano Park
Capilano Park (with Cotton photo bombing the shot)
Zac after the Vancouver Sun Run 10K
Afternoon on Kits Beach


1 comment:

Nancy Williams said...

I am so proud of you and Zac!